Sunday, January 18, 2009

Work-out before breakfast

Now, that I have an elliptical trainer at my disposal, I am trying to figure out when is the most efficient to squeeze in a work-out. I always try to work out when I'm coming back from work, but most of the times, especially if I have to walk all the way from work, my work-out lacks the intensity and the commitment I wish I put into it. In one word, I did it so I could say, I exercised today.
I was looking online for the answer to the question "When is the best time to exercise?" and I found it: first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach is the most efficient time to put in a work-out. Research has shown that you’ll burn more calories if you perform cardio before breakfast than if you eat first. Since at night your metabolism slows down and your body is in a state of fasting, working out first thing in the morning will rev up your metabolism resulting in an increase of fat loss.
Or so they say :)
I did a 10 min work-out yesterday, and will try to do it at least 3 times a week...We'll see what comes out of everything.

No comments: