I love this post from e-diets. Happy weight loss!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zero-calorie, guaranteed weight-loss miracle: lemonade!
Oh sure, I know what you are thinking -- there is no such thing as weight-loss lemonade, but YOU are wrong! There is -- and let me explain.
Have you ever heard the phrase "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade?" That's what I am talkin' about! That kind of lemonade will give you the results you desire on this weight-loss journey -- I promise!
Here's my secret recipe!
Take ONE really horrible day -- the kind where everything goes wrong -- and add in all the lemons that life gave you, stirring in a few overdue bills, sick kids, a fight with your partner and the final insult: a glimpse of your backside in a three-way mirror. Shake gently.
Slowly add two breakfast burritos, a large soft drink, the donuts that someone brought to work and Chinese take-out for lunch. Gently blend with one Monster burger and fries on the drive home and let sit for four hours while you are watching television. Be sure to check the bag of chips every now and then, adding a few as needed and stir gently.
Garnish with a bowl of ice cream and another soft drink and sprinkle with some candy.
Wait a minute!
That isn't my new recipe! That is the old one that I made often when life gave me a lot of lemons and I only had one solution -- EATING them!
That recipe led me to a life of obesity, frustration and a self-defeating cycle of action. Thankfully, I found a better way to make use of the lemons -- I made Miracle Weight-Loss Lemonade!
My new and much improved recipe:
A ton of lemons -- you just can't get around it, folks. There are going to be days that just suck and leave a sour taste in your mouth, sourer than any lemon you have ever sucked on, but that is the reality of life. HOW you choose to respond and what you choose to do with those lemons is what will set the pace for your weight-loss journey.
So, take those lemons, all of them and shake them up, toss them into the blender and get them into tiny, insignificant pieces. The best way to do this is to exercise (or exorcise?!) them into oblivion! I have an elliptical machine in my home (the good folks at Octane Fitness lent me one to try and let me tell you -- it is better than any one in any gym I have ever used before -- but I digress) and I have vowed to use it 30 minutes a day NO MATTER what!
OK, now that your lemons are smashed to smithereens, add a dash of positive affirmation and a pat on the back. Then, slowly stir in some motivation and let sit -- but not for too long! Take your lemonade and gently add some whole grains, lean meats/proteins, fruits vegetables and plenty of water -- after all, lemonade needs water to be really tasty.
AHHH... taste it now: The sweet success of healthy lemonade. Happy drinking.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment