Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Counting calories or keeping a food diary? (part deux)

I promised I will look over my past week food diary...I guess I postponed it as much as I could, so here it is:
Wednesday: Breakfast: coffee, lowfat yogurt with a Fiber One bar
Lunch: Turkey and Swiss on whole wheat bread
Snack: one peach
Dinner: Pita baked chips with hummus, sandwich with ham and cheese and a low sugar chocolate Jello cup (60 calories) ,
Thursday: Breakfast: coffee (always with sweetener) with a cereal bar (one of the 90 calories with 2 g of fiber)
Lunch: a huge salad with grilled chicken and a table spoon of ranch dressing
Snack: another cereal bar...only 90 calories
Dinner: 7 pita chips (this time I counted...and they are huge!) with hummus, and I got hungry again in half hour and I ate half of a spinach and feta lowcarb (crustless)quiche
Friday: Breakfast: same coffee, oatmeal muffin and a peach
Lunch: stir fry with ground beef (drained fat)
Snack: a cup of gazpacho soup
Dinner: a sandwich with cheese and ham and the last 5 pita chips with hummus

Ok, that's enough...I am already embarassed by the huge quantities I am eating, especially at night. I knew from before that this is my main problem...my dinner is the largest meal of the day and it shouldn't be. I know the reason. I have to plan my food when I'm at work, either I buy lunch or I bring it from home, but so far I never planned for dinner.
This week I started planning the meals for the entire day and I have been very good.

So here is the second step towards a healthy long life. Plan ahead! If you're scheduling entire's day meals and prepare everything in advance, there are fewer chances that you'll pig out or eat something on the impulse of the moment. Like I said this is not a diet, but more like a lifestyle.

No comments: