I have recently wondered if there is any happy soul left on this world. And I don't mean the permanently "happy" people or the totally religious, completely disconnected from reality people. I still don't know the answer to this question, but what I've figured out is that the world is tired... is in dire need of a vacation.
Walking to work this morning I watched the faces of the students and hospital employees. No smiles, no happy chatting, and it wasn't too early too believe that people were still asleep. But I got clued in when I heard a conversation between the security guard and the lady at the coffee stand, when the lady selling coffee was looking exhausted and the guard told her that she really needs a vacation. And I thought I was the only one... I just realized that it doesn't matter what you do, everyone is overworked and tired. What have we done to this society? Does this have a purpose and a finality? What do we work so hard for? Definetely not for hapiness.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment