Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Late night hunger...how to deal with it without midnight snacking?

Ok, so I've been really good, planning my days meals, especially my evening meals. Now, I have a small problem, at around 11 pm I get so hungry, that sometimes there is no way to not snack on something. When I am very good and I have fruits around, I would grab some watermelon, small carrots or an apple.
I searched online and some people advise to just drink water when late night hunger tries you...well, I don't know how that works for somebody else, but I had some really bad nights because of that. Not only I felt the hunger still being there, but I would wake up every couple hours to use the restroom and wake up more tired than I went to sleep.
Somebody was saying that you should do couple sit ups or any type of exercise that would get your thoughts away from food and being hungry. While doing any type of exercise makes you feel good, for me made me forget about being hungry for...hmmm...about 10 minutes.
I just need something that works since I am aware that snacking late might be the main problem why I cannot lose the pounds accumulated in the past 6 years.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Try celery sticks or distract yourself for 20' this is how much will take hunger to go away.