Tuesday, August 26, 2008

To eat or not to eat...

I was watching a show on E today called "Celebrity Crises/Mental Illness" and on 3 and 4 in Hollywood crises or mental illnesses were anorexia and bulimia, both dealing with body image issues and high profile actresses suffering from these mental diseases. Now I know I've been looking at this way too superficial and in my head I was thinking that maybe an eating disorder would be the answer to my fat problems. But I am too fond of food to be anorexic and no matter how much I try I cannot induce vomiting for the life of me. Which now sounds better.
I didn't know it was so bad. I did a short research and found out that there were lots of actresses and models suffering of one of these diseases, and when models are dying to maintain an emaciated figure I am convinced now that the slow road is probably the best. No fad diets, not starving even though the results are fast and amazing, and let's not forget, short lived.
So healthy lifestyle, here I come.

1 comment:

Peepers said...

I was borderline anorexic in high school and binged and purged and subsequently did the inducing vomiting thing for a long time in grad school--I think it was my coping mechanism for dealing with stress but I don't recommend it. I think you can do the healthy lifestyle thing because you do like some healthy foods like salads and you're pretty good about going to the gym.